Getting a flu shot is an important step to protect against flu viruses every year, according to the Centers for Disease Control. That’s why Liberty Mutual makes it easy for employees to do just that.
Free Flu Shots at Pharmacies, or Your Doctor’s Office
Liberty participants – employees and covered spouses/domestic partners and children – may visit a participating in-network pharmacy to receive one free flu shot per year. As the pharmacist to confirm that the pharmacy will cover the vaccination before receiving a flu shot. Please note that Walgreens and Walgreens-owned or affiliated pharmacies are not in-network.
Liberty participants may also go to a participating in-network provider to receive a free flu shot. Be aware, however, that if an employee receives a flu shot as part of an office visit that is not part of an annual physical, deductibles and coinsurance will apply toward the cost of the visit (but not the shot).
Three Ways to Prevent the Flu
- Vaccination: Everyone six months or older should get a flu shot every year
- Protect others from your sneeze or cough by covering your nose and mouth.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often. (If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth to prevent the spread of germs.
- Stay home if you’re sick. If you become ill with flu-like symptoms, you should stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone and avoid contact with others except to get medical care.
Onsite Flu Shot Clinics
Flu shots are available throughout the Liberty network of offices around October. Employees can check with their office location to find the right time to get one.
Watch this video to see how to “visit” a doctor or behavioral health specialist virtually, for non-emergencies, from a mobile device or computer without an appointment.
Liberty Health Center
Visit an onsite health center in Boston, MA or Plano, TX for a wide range of health and wellness services, at low or no cost, in a convenient, confidential setting.
Your Well-Being and more on Castlight
Find well-being programs that can help employees manage stress, lose weight, fit in a quick workout, get a better night’s sleep, quit smoking, and more. Liberty Mutual Health Participants can also use Castlight to choose high-quality doctors and understand health care costs.