This year, it’s more important than ever to protect against the flu virus by getting a flu shot – because now is not the time to get the flu!
Free flu shots at pharmacies and doctors' offices
Liberty Mutual Health Plan participants – employees and covered spouses/domestic partners and children – may visit a participating in-network pharmacy to receive one free flu shot per year. Ask the pharmacist to confirm that the pharmacy will cover the vaccination before receiving a flu shot. Although Walgreens and Walgreens-owned or affiliated pharmacies are not in-network for pharmacy services, employees may use their UnitedHealthcare ID card to get a flu shot at these Walgreen locations.
Liberty Mutual Health Plan participants may also go to a participating in-network provider to receive a free flu shot. Be aware, however, that if the flu shot is part of an office visit that is not part of an annual physical, deductibles and coinsurance will apply toward the cost of the visit (but not the shot).
Not in the Liberty Health Plan?
If an employee has health care coverage outside of Liberty, it's likely their carrier covers flu shots at 100% as a preventive service. Employees should check with their plan to confirm before going to a pharmacy or other location to get their flu shot.
Find a flu shot location near you
Looking for the closest place to get a flu shot? Here’s a location finder sponsored by UnitedHealthcare. Employees don’t have to be on the Liberty Health Plan to use it.
Three ways to prevent the flu
- Vaccination: Everyone six months of age and older should get vaccinated against the flu every year.
- Protect others from your sneeze or cough by covering your nose and mouth.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. (If soap and water aren't available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth to prevent the spread of germs.
- Stay home if ill: If you become ill with flu-like symptoms, you should stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone and avoid contact with others except to get medical care.
Additional flu resource
Watch this video to see how to “visit” a doctor or behavioral health specialist virtually, for non-emergencies, from a mobile device or computer without an appointment.
Liberty Health Center
Visit online or connect by phone to our health centers for a wide range of health and wellness services, at low or no cost.
Your well-being and more on Castlight
Find well-being programs that can help employees manage stress, lose weight, fit in a quick workout, get a better night’s sleep, quit smoking, and more. Liberty Mutual Health Plan participants can also use Castlight to choose high-quality doctors and understand health care costs.